Pages



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

R.I.P. Anubis

 This is the most difficult thing I've had to write, and there's really no way to ease into it.
 On Wednesday, May 26, XLV, a.s., Malaise and I lost our beloved little guy. Anubis left this plane of existence suddenly and painlessly at 1:00 pm from an apparent stroke / seizure. 
  We are having him cremated so we can both carry a part of him with us, not that there isn't a part of him in every cell of our being.  The one fortunate part of this miserable bit of news is that we were all together for his last hours, at the home of my little Sister, Babs, something for which we are eternally grateful and that I simply can't see as coincidence. Malaise and I had Anu enter our lives by the workings of my Sis, and it just so happens that my cat's sister was my sister's cat. 
  I don't believe that there was ever a cat quite so loved and loving as Anubis, nor one who is so sorely missed. True to his namesake, the Egyptian God, Anubis was a Protector of Animals and a Finder of Lost Things, he protected the 2 of us, and he sure found me when I was lost.  We love you, 'Nub, and we'll see you on the other side!
 We will be holding a Ritual for Anubis when the time is right and those who knew him will be informed as to date and location. 
 This is a miserable time for Mr&MsAnthropy, so thanks to all who sent their energies our way - much needed and much appreciated!

Ave Anubis!
Rege Anubis!!
Hail Anubis!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your thoughts